This extraordinary vaulted space is refined and sophisticated, yet somehow manages to be welcoming — a bookish hipster paradise. Anche gli Angeli features a bar, bistro, “concept store,” bookshop and live-music venue. The back walls of this soaring space are lined with wines; its front space is lined with books. Perfect for vino tasting, casual fine dining, literary browsing, meeting for tea and Sicilian sweets, cappuccino, or all of the above. There are even quiet tables for writerly types like me, and a solid internet connection. The chef’s pasta dishes (Noto post 1) are excellent. Charcuterie and cheese plates sustain wine-fueled discussions, day or night. This chef really knows what he is doing. I love sitting at the bar and watching him work. The scene is warm, friendly and fizzy — get there!
- Montreal Jazz 2020: Special Edition!
- My Montecatini
- Three Boroughs, Three Olives, 33 Hours
- Siena: Golden Light
- Boo! Halloween in Pistoia
- Florence: Fashion & Friendship
- Eating Montreal
- Take A Bow
- Goodnight You Moonlight Ladies
- Portland, Maine: Where To Stay?
- Fab at 40: Montréal Jazz Fest
- Art in Bloom: The Sequel
- Boston: Art in Bloom, Part 1
- Born To Run
- Portland Maine’s Rising Tide
- Montreal: Off the Beaten Track
- Saveur et Savoir: Montreal Jazz 2018
- Como Cool
- Election Day
- Mediterranean Mother Lode
- Sicilian Chocolate: Savory and Supreme
- Magnifici Mosaici
- Pizza Noto Style